Send me pics of your Boston Terrier and I'll post them.

If you have a short story or description of the picture you'd like to share, I'll include it too.

Submit to: bostonterrierblog@gmail.com

View My Portfolio

View My Profile

Click here to submit!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the Boston Terriers group pool. Make your own badge here.

MonsterPaparazzi.com

Monster Paparazzi

Boston Terrier Town

Kingston

According to Zeus

AnimalCameras.com

Boston Terriers Rock

Dogs In Duds

Julie Zickefoose

LifePost

Pug Posse

Irate Rabbit

Something So Clever

Stelletto

Prisoner of a Boston

Moodogblog.com

Golly Gear

NC Boston Rescue

Add to Google

Add to Netvibes

Add to My Yahoo!

Pets Blog Top Sites

Pets Top 200

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Best blogs ranking

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Dixie Darling

"This is Dixie. I just got her from a breeder. She is only 3 but cannot be bred again, due to a weakened uterus. So...she was given to me! I have had her 3 days now, and my whole life is changed.
Let me say this first, I have always owned a Boston, and recently had to put my 15 year old to sleep, as she had congestive heart failure and her quality of life had dwindled. I did not want her to suffer daily.
So, with that said, let me tell you, this is my first rescue, as I truly did take her from a sad existence. The breeder was not cruel to her, and she is healthy,however, to live her whole life in a chain link and concrete pen, never knowing that we mere humans are for loving them and spoiling them..........or even worse, that she was made for loving us.....it breaks my heart!
I have a huge task on my hands now. She did not even go pee until yesterday afternoon! She did not have any concrete to go on, is all I can figure. And she still has not pooped. I had to hand feed her until this morning, and she still will only take water if I take it to her in my bed.....and hold the bowl. She is so out of her element, she is at a loss as to what to do. I take her outside to the grass, and she will walk right by my side, if I stop, she does. She will not venture around and find a spot to pee on or just enjoy. She lets the cat pounce on her! She just sits there! I told her she was supposed to chase cats, not let the cat chase her! She stays in my bedroom, on my bed, but, the first time I put her on it, she was like a person trying to stand on a ship. I had to lay her down and stay with her until she slept.
I know she loves me, she is glued to my side every time I get on the bed, and all night long. If I get up she gets nervous. I need help! Anyone out there with hints on socializing? If you email me at my email threelinks2 [at] aol.com (replace [at] with @)with your phone numbers I will call you and pick your brain. I want to do this right, cause she will be with me for a long time."

Good luck. Hopefully Dixie will quickly learn how to be a pet.



tag: , , , ,

Comments on "Dixie Darling"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

Hello, I am also on the blog, Wlaker and Sadie. You know that they are a really smart breed and love to do things. So with that I think that you should go to some type of obedience training. I say this because it is a chance for her to be with you and other dogs at the same time and learn someting. My dogs love whit I work with them on Set and stay or what ever. Also, time is always needed in these situations but I do think that getting her out will help.

 

Blogger Uncivil said ... (11:52 PM) : 

You will be pleasantly surprized at Dixie's learning abilities. It's just going to take a little time. It's kind of like us humans learning another culture's ways.

I agree with Jessica and socializing her with some other calm doggie friends would be great for her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:31 PM) : 

What a touching story. I'm so glad it has a happy ending. Bless you for rescuing her. I'm sure she will come around with your gentle care a little time and a lot of love.

 

post a comment