Send me pics of your Boston Terrier and I'll post them.

If you have a short story or description of the picture you'd like to share, I'll include it too.

Submit to: bostonterrierblog@gmail.com

View My Portfolio

View My Profile

Click here to submit!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the Boston Terriers group pool. Make your own badge here.

MonsterPaparazzi.com

Monster Paparazzi

Boston Terrier Town

Kingston

According to Zeus

AnimalCameras.com

Boston Terriers Rock

Dogs In Duds

Julie Zickefoose

LifePost

Pug Posse

Irate Rabbit

Something So Clever

Stelletto

Prisoner of a Boston

Moodogblog.com

Golly Gear

NC Boston Rescue

Add to Google

Add to Netvibes

Add to My Yahoo!

Pets Blog Top Sites

Pets Top 200

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Best blogs ranking

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Drooling Problem

Bandit has never really drooled before this. I think he must have eaten something he found in the backyard that made him slobber.

Comments on "Drooling Problem"

 

Blogger Ziz said ... (11:38 PM) : 

hah! good lor that is a lot of drool! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

my pug is having the same thing now, did u ever find out what was wrong? I feel like I should take him to the vet.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:41 AM) : 

if anybody does know what is going on, my lil Booger is having the same problem! He's drooling puddles bigger than himself!

 

Blogger boston terrier photo blog said ... (9:24 PM) : 

Actually I think he ate something in the backyard that got to him. Probably some leaves or something. It happened a couple times then he stopped.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

does anyone know... do all bostons drool?... a lot?
Will I be wiping drool up every 10 minutes?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 PM) : 

I have two bostons and only one of them has this drooling issue. It is usually when we are on a walk but also happens at other random times. Since they are together all the time I do not think it is something she ate. So if anyone has an answer please post it. I am taking my pups to the vet next week and will see what she has to say.

 

Anonymous beth said ... (2:27 PM) : 

i have a 7 yr old boston terrier that has started drooling bad since i brought home a new puppy yesterday,but i don't understand why because she has been around other pups and dogs before..This is really worrying me

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 PM) : 

Ok so this same scenario happened to me with my BT she was at the park 2 days ago and all of a sudden she had an usually large amount of drool. I immediately panicked. I washed it off with my jacket. She was normal after eating drinking and playing. I looked on Internet it said it could be many possibilities. One, it could be an insect bite in the mouth. Two, it could be a fragment of sticks that sticks I the dogs gum. Three, it could be poison from lead paint ingested. They say when it happens look in and around the mouth for any abnormalities. So that was what I think happened to my pup she's 7 mo old 12lb Boston terrier. Oh another reason that I know from experience could be severe anticipation for food and a males reaction to a female in heat may be the cause for drooling as well

 

Anonymous Mitch said ... (4:16 PM) : 

we have the same problem with our 5 month old BT, we took her to the puppy park and she drooled like mad but then after she got a drink and wasn't running around she stopped...i think she just drools a lot when she gets super excited and tired...maybe dehydrated...

 

Blogger Alex Neil said ... (8:42 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Alex Neil said ... (8:43 AM) : 

Drooling is the unintentional spillage of saliva from the mouth. Drooling can occur with any condition that impairs neuromuscular control of the muscles around the mouth, leading to weak muscles around the mouth, that increases salivation (the production of saliva), or that impairs swallowing. Cerebral palsy is one example of a condition in which oral neuromuscular control may be impaired, resulting in drooling. Drooling is common in infants because of immature muscular control. Medically, drooling is referred to as ptyalism, and an excess of saliva is known as sialorrhea.

Read more about its causes and cures at: webhealthnetwork.com/symptom/7-1223/drooling

 

post a comment